Civil Header


The Shenandoah County Sheriff's office is charged with service of civil papers. The name and type of papers are long and extensive. Deputies receive training so they can properly understand and execute the documents. Some of the most common questions received are:

Q.I had a paper serviced on my door and that person does not live here anymore?

A. Call the Sheriff's Office at 459-6100 and let us know we will come back out and pick up the paper.

Q. I would like a trespass paper served.

A. Bring in the completed written notice to the Sheriff's Office during the business hours of  7:30 am- 4:30 pm to be processed.
Sate seal